When you think of ‘Government’, the first thing that comes to mind might be politicians debating during question time, or addressing the media during a news conference. While parliamentarians might be the most visible side of Government, ‘Government’ in fact involves thousands of people working behind the scenes in various departments, agencies and other organisations. Together, they all form what is collectively known as ‘Government’ and work to make a positive contribution to our State and community.
In NSW, the public sector includes ten departments and many agencies and organisations working together to develop policy and deliver important services such as health, education, housing, transport and infrastructure across NSW.
The ten departments are:
- NSW Department of Education
- NSW Department of Family and Community Services
- NSW Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
- NSW Ministry of Health
- NSW Department of Industry, Skills and Regional Development
- NSW Department of Justice
- NSW Department of Planning and Environment
- NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
- NSW Department of Transport
- NSW Treasury