Are you able to work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the sector to deliver key Government sport and recreation infrastructure and facilities projects? If this sounds like you, continue reading…
- We are currently seeking an Executive Director, Sport Infrastructure
- This is an ongoing opportunity
- The role will be based at Sydney Olympic Park
Working with us
The Office of Sport the primary source of advice to the Government on sport and recreation sector matters. The Office of Sport is responsible for a broad range of services and facilities that support and enrich the lives of people and communities across NSW.
About the role
In this role you will provide leadership and direction for the long-term planning, delivery and management of NSW’s sport and active recreation infrastructure and facilities to ensure well targeted Government investment and support for the sector. You will be facilitating the activation and delivery of key projects, and provide advice and support to non-Government proponents.
* Proven record, operating at a senior executive level, in infrastructure planning for a complex organisation, and managing a multi-disciplinary team in the achievement of business goals
* Sound financial management and in-depth understanding of issues relating to the successful management and operation of large multi-faceted infrastructure
* Proven record at a senior executive level of building and enhancing stakeholder relations and strategic partnerships in the context of competing needs and priorities across government and non-government sectors
* Tertiary qualifications or extensive equivalent experience in an appropriate business, commercial, planning or policy related discipline
* National Criminal Records Check
How to apply
When applying you need to:
* Answer the two pre-screening questions (see below) which should demonstrate your competency in the focus capabilities (maximum of 2 pages).
* Provide cover letter that details how you meet the capabilities of the role (maximum 1 page)
* Provide a resume that details your previous experience (maximum of 4 pages)
Further information about “Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service” is available on I work for NSW
1. Describe a situation where you have managed a complex project to optimize the business outcomes for your agency. What difficulties did you face? How did you manage the project to identify and deliver the required results and to prioritise the activities of the project? How did you personally ensure the reputation of your agency was upheld?
2. Describe a situation where you have had to balance the interests of a number of internal and external stakeholders involving infrastructure planning and delivery in order to influence negotiations and garner commitment to a positive and mutually accepted outcome. What were the key elements? Who were the key stakeholders? What measures did you put in place to find a mutually acceptable and practical solution?
* For further information about the role please contact Matt Miller, CE Office of Sport on (02) 8233 1331 or view the role description
* The successful applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Records Check.
* No offer of employment will be made until all relevant clearances are finalised.
Applications Close: 11.59pm, Sunday, 30th April 2017
The Office of Sport is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, women, LGBTI, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. If you have any accessibility requirements, please liaise with the contact officer. We provide reasonable adjustments for people with a disability during the recruitment process and on employment.