Join one of Sydney's and Australia's most versatile and trusted portfolio of Sports Venues at the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Venues. We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic individual who is versatile and flexible to fill the role of Venue Supervisor for the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Venues.
An attractive salary package of $61,271 per annum, plus superannuation, leave loading and 5 weeks annual leave applies.
This is a full time position and requires out of hours and weekend work
About the Role
This full-time, ongoing role is responsible for the effective and efficient supervision of operations at the Satellite Sports Venues, including the Sydney Olympic Park Archery Centre, Wilson Park, Tom Wills Community Oval, Armory Martial Arts Centre and Armory Leisure Playing Field.
Additional requirements include co-ordinating venue operations and client requirements, staff supervision, ensuring high-level customer service, liaising with contractors and stakeholders and maintaining high level venue presentation.
To Be Successful in the Role
You will require
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience in venue operations
- Knowledge of internal commercial issues affecting public venues
- Relevant leadership experience and effective communication methods
- Senior First Aid Certificate and Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- Current Driver's Licence
The successful applicant will need to provide the Sydney Olympic Park Authority with a Working with Children Check Number, or make a Working with Children Check application, either on-line or via phone, through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. An application fee of $80 applies.
How to Apply
When applying you need to
- Answer the two pre-screening questions (listed below) - we are looking for you to demonstrate your competency in the focus capabilities in your answer, so please develop your response with this in mind.
- Provide a covering letter and resume (maximum of 5 pages) that details your experience and how you meet the capabilities of the role.
The Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service guide from the Public Service Commission explains the selection and assessment process and may assist you in applying for the Role.
Please limit responses to 250-300 words maximum for each question.
- Outline a situation where you have expanded or modified a program to adjust a changing environment. What was the program? What steps did you take? What challenges were you faced with and how did you lead your staff during this process? Did you achieve a successful outcome?
- Provide an example where you have had to effectively manage an external relationship. What were the issues? How were these issues overcome? What did you learn from the process and how have you changed your approach for the future?
Only Australian citizens and permanent Australian residents are eligible for appointment.
Please click here for a role description
Please click here for an information package
Inquiries: Ben Holden on 9714 7580
Closing date 6 April 2017